UBA Foundation, the CRS arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, invites applications from Senior Secondary school students in Nigeria for:
The competition which is a follow up on the Foundation’s Read Africa Initiative, provides a competitive platform to develop the intellectual and writing abilities of senior secondary school students in Nigeria. Winners get educational grants to study in any African University of their choice. The competion has been held annually since 2011 with students challenged to write on different engaging topics to test their writing and cognitive skills.
Select a popular new tecnology or application and write an instruction manual for your grandparents on how to use it, and how to get the most value out of it
Prizes to Be Won
- Winner: N1,000,000 or its local currency equivalent for tuition fees
- 1st Runner-Up: N750,000 or its local currency equivalent for tuition fees
- 2nd Runner-Up: N500,000 or its local currency equivalent for tuition fees
- Consolation prizes will be given to the finalist
- Applicants must be senior secondary school students schooling in Nigeria.
Application Closing Date
27th October, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their handwritten essay entries of not more than 750 words on selected topic to:
UBA House (15th Floor),
Applications can also be sent to any UBA Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation.
- Applicants must submit their complete contact information (names& school address, telephone numbers, residential and email addresses).
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data pages.
- The educational grant is only applicable to applicants who intend to study in an African University.
- The decision of the judges are final.
- The terms and conditions guiding the competition shall apply to Winners. UBA Foundation will not be responsible for any liabilities and losses resulting from participation