Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Head of Operations at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
Launchpad helps mentor startups in 40+ countries across 5 continents. We run Google’s Accelerator for emerging markets and support other Google tech and market initiatives. Our aim is to share proven best practices back to startups, mentors and partners we engage with and provide feedback and learnings for Google product and other teams.
As the Head of Operations for Google Launchpad Accelerator Africa, you will play a key role in building and operating Launchpad’s seed-stage startup accelerator in Africa. You will join a small, dedicated team, supported by our developer relations regional leads and the central Launchpad team and will travel as required to collaborate.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Manage business operations of Launchpad Accelerator Africa, including managing Launchpad Space Lagos, the startup pipeline and all related logistics.
- Manage program data and develop program reports.
- Manage mentor scheduling and logistics, and manage logistics and support for startups from across the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Support and improve on existing Accelerator program operations strategy.
- Identify key suppliers and service providers to bring into Launchpad’s ecosystem, and manage relationships with them.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in a Program Management role.
- Experience working with startup accelerator programs and/or incubators in the Sub-Saharan Africa region.
- Experience managing projects with multiple suppliers, vendors, stakeholders and more, to deliver quality results within project goals.
- Experience with complex operations and agile leadership.
- Effective communication, presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to speak and write in English and French or Portuguese fluently and idiomatically.
For More Information: