Application Deadline: June 1st 2018
Entries for the 15th Mike Okonkwo National Essay Competition for Secondary School Students in Nigeria is on.
The competition which is one of Dr. Mike Okonkwo’s Corporate Social Responsibility activities, is aimed at raising the standard in the educational sector in the country and at the same time sensitize the students by making them analytically minded so as to excel in their world by developing their ability to think through issues.
This essay competition is also a part of the activities lined up to mark the 73rd birthday of Dr. Mike Okonkwo, the presiding Bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM).
The topic for this year’s competition is “Nigeria’s Unity: Matters Arising”.
Over the years the competition has been very successful in reshaping the thought pattern of the students to develop problem-solving skills. The Mike Okonkwo National Essay Competition spans over a decade of developing and rewarding the writing skills of Nigerian youths towards national development.
- Like previous years, the star winner school gets three sets of desktop computers and a printer, while the student goes home with a trophy, laptop, plaque and a cash gift of N100,000.
- The first runner up school gets two sets of desktop computers and a printer and the student goes home with a cash prize of N75,000 and a plaque.
- The second runner up school gets a desktop computer, while the student gets a plaque and a cash prize of N50,000.
The entry requirements include:
- Essay of maximum of 2000 words,
- a passport photograph of the student,
- full name,
- contact telephone number,
- school and name
- and telephone contact of the principal.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Essay to: email@example.com
The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM),
Obanikoro/ Anthony-Oke Bus Stop,
- The prizes for this year’s competition will be presented to the winners at the 19th Mike Okonkwo Annual Lecture, which has been scheduled for Wednesday, September 5th, 2018 at the Muson Centre (Shell Hall) by 10.00 am prompt. The topic of the Essay Competition is also the topic for this year’s Annual Lecture.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the