The World Economic Forum last week came out with the list of 199 young leaders from 70 countries for their professional accomplishments and commitment to society and humanity.
- 199 young leaders from 70 countries have been honoured by the World Economic Forum for their professional accomplishments and commitment to society.
- The Young Global Leaders (YGL) Class of 2013 is composed of honourees from all sectors of society, with 50% from business and 50% from arts and culture, academia, civil society, government, media and non-profits; 42% are women
- The YGLs will join and co-create a community of insight and action that is committed to improving the state of the world.
21 young Africans made the Global Leaders Class of 2013 list.
Here is a breakdown of the Africans Selected in the World Economic Forum Young Global Leaders Class of 2013.
- Ivorian – One
- Ethopian – One
- Kenyan – One
Dorcas Gachari (Chief Executive Officer Openworld Ltd)
- Liberia -One
- Mauritius – One
Nishan Degnarain (Senior Economic Adviser to the Minister of Finance and Economic Development.)
- Nigerians – Six
- Cobhams Asuquo (Founder and Chief Executive Officer CAMP)
Ndubuisi Ekekwe (Founder and Chairman First Atlantic Semiconductors and Microelectronics)
Tara Fela-Duroyoye (Founder and Chief Executive Officer House of Tara International)
Amy Jadesimi (Managing director LADOL)
Ola Orekunrin (Founder The Flying Doctors)
Alex Okosi Senior Vice-President and Managing Director Viacom International Media Networks Africa (formerly MTV Networks Africa)
Marieme Jamme (Founder SpotOne Global Solutions)South Africans – Four
- Senegalese – One
- Jesmane Boggenpoel Founder and Director Harvest Advisory Services
- Andrew Kuper (President and Founder LeapFrog Investments Ltd)
- Lindiwe Mazibuko (Parliamentary Leader Democratic Alliance (DA))
- James Mwangi (Global Managing Partner Dalberg)
Tanzanian – One
Ugandian – One
- January Yusuf Makamba (Deputy Minister of Communications, Science and Technology)
Africans Act for Africa)Zambian – One
- Rosebell Kagumire (Journalist and Communications Consultant
- Monica Musonda (Chief Executive Officer and Founder Java Foods Limited)