Chevron Nigeria Limited is accepting online applications for the position of Mooring Master Trainees located in Escravos, Nigeria.
Critical Selection Criteria
The Mooring Master acts as Chevron representative on Export Tankers. He is the point of contact with government representatives and officials during exports to ensure efficient, coordinated export activities are achieved. Perform export tanker arrival safety inspection and ensures compliance of Export Tankers, Masters, Officers and crew with Chevron requirements.
Document performance and condition of export tankers, prepare reports for CVX Clearance and vetting system.
Responsible for advising Export tanker Captain, officers and crew on safe activities with the following key activities:
- Safe pilotage/Mooring operations and export tanker approach to berths
- Conducting safe mooring and unmooring operations
- Safe cargo hose conneciton and disconnection
- Hold back tug connection and disconnection
- Pre-loading activities including all check lists
- Communication between export tanker, Terminal and hold back tug
- All Cargo/Ballast Handling operations
- Export paperwork, including sampling and calculations of cargo volumes
Responsible for export tanker safe position keepiong once export tanker is safely moored at Chevron Terminals. Monitor mooring system and equipment while export tankers berthed at Terminals. Supervision of Mooring Technicians during all mooring operations and hose conneciton and disconnection.
coordination with his Supervisor on export operations planning, including:
- Export tanker scheduling
- Export tanker operations
- Inward and outward clearance
- All aspects of government and agent liaison
- Partner requirements
- Cargo discrepancies
- Operational issues resolution
The Mooring Master shall have:
- an unlimited Class 1 Deck License with an appropriate dangerous cargo endorsement for crude oil.
- served in a senior capacity on board tankers > 25.000 tonnes during their sea going career for at least 36 months.
- skill in the shiphandling of large tankers. Offshore Marine Terminal operations.
- served for a minimum of (10) years as a Mooring Master experienced with safe berthing of tankers at offshore terminal export facilities.
- an extensive knowledge of SPM type facilities including but not limited to export operations and maintenance of all equipment and systems.
- high quality communications skills and be able to coordinate activities remotely when operating outside of normal work locations.
- core skills associated with Bridge Resource Management are essential all Mooring Masters must be able to understand personal limitations and assess operational risk in order to develop mitigation plans.
- capability of working a 28/28 day rotational assignment in a remote location
For More Information: