Submission DEADLINE: May 15, 2015
What: 2015 Mike Okonkwo National Essay Competition
Whom: Secondary School Students in Nigeria
Theme: “The Nigerian Political Class and the Citizens Quest for Good Governance”
The Mike Okonkwo National Essay Competition spans over a decade of developing and rewarding the writing skills of Nigerian youths towards national development
The 2015 edition will be open from March 9th and will close on May 15th, 2015.The theme for this year’s edition is “The Nigerian Political Class and the Citizens Quest for Good Governance”.
The annual competition is part of the activities lined up to mark the 70th Birthday of Dr. Mike Okonkwo, the Presiding Bishop of The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM).
The competition is designed to contribute to the development of the nation’s education sector and to sensitize students by encouraging them to excel in their world by developing their abilities and to think through issues as well as to make a change in their world even at their tender age.
- Secondary School Students in Nigeria
How to Participate:
- To participate in the competition, students are required to write essays of not more than 2000 words, to be submitted with a passport photograph of the student, full name, address, contact telephone number, class, school and name and telephone contact of principal.
- First Prize: N100,000 + laptop; school gets 3 set of PC + printer.
- Second Prize: N75, 000; school gets 2 set of PC + printer.
- Third Prize: N50, 000; school gets a set of PC
How to Submit:
The essay could be submitted through this email email@example.com or post to:
The Redeemed Evangelical Mission (TREM) International Headquarters,
Obanikoro/ Anthony Oke Bus Stop
For More Information: