She Leads Africa has announced twenty early stage businesses accepted into the 2017 SLA Accelerator. This year, the program will be held in Lagos, Abuja and Kaduna, Nigeria.
She Leads Africa has partnered with the Work in Progress! Alliance (including VC4Africa and Oxfam), OCP, Guaranty Trust Bank, Cointreau and Intel Corp to create a 3-month accelerator program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest entrepreneurs.
This year we received applications from over 200 startups from across Nigeria. The selected entrepreneurs were evaluated based on their traction in the market, management team and vision to grow and scale across Africa.
In the Intel Technology Cohort (to be hosted at Cafe Neo Lagos) the selected businesses are:
– Online platform that connects event related vendors such as photographers, makeup artists, caterers, MCs and DJs to users in need of their services
– Software development agency that provides online solutions to businesses and an e-learning platform to software developers
– Lifestyle management outfit designed to sell Time to busy persons and Job opportunities to the unemployed. They connect busy people to thoroughly vetted, insured and independent persons who are willing to work to run errands
KJK Communication Limited
– Online communications company helping SMEs use the right digital & ICT strategies to drive their products/services and improve work processes using web and mobile solutions
– Online platform that connects the elderly and vulnerable adults to a highly trained and insured caregiver thus, taking the stress of care off busy professionals
In the Cointreau Creatives Cohort (to be hosted at SeedSpace Lagos) the selected businesses are:
– Designs and creates premium urban African furniture
Netima Happy Feet
– Creating stylish and flexible casual flat footwear
MMG Creations World
– Handcrafting quality jewelry that maintains the essence of both traditional and modern designs
– Nigerian Fashion Label set to redefine corporate wear fashion for the African Woman, with the use of African prints and materials to make stylish, unique corporate wear
– Job listing site for the creative and entertainment industry
In the GTB Retail & E-Commerce Cohort (to be hosted at
AIIVON Hub Abuja) the selected businesses are:
– Food ordering and delivery company
Mahauty Health Solutions
– Produces healthy baby foods devoid of artificial additives
Perception Consult Ltd
– Produces furniture for individual clients and organizations using durable yet affordable materials and offers interior design and accessorizing services
– Providing a variety of healthy baby foods
CEA Consultancy And Translation Services
– Partners with international organizations and businesses to build business communities across borders and ensure mutual understanding, increased productivity and growth
In the OCP Agribusiness Cohort (to be hosted at
CoLab Kaduna) the selected businesses are:
Dahrah Global Limited
– Agricultural company that farms and trades commodities
– Organic spices production business focused on the production, processing and packaging of healthy spices, garlic, ginger and onionFarm For Gold Venture
– Business involved in the farming and processing of ginger
Apples & Berries Fruits Paradise
– Fresh juice & salad bar that prepares and sells naturally healthy and fresh smoothies, fruit/vegetable salads and juicesShowplace Nigeria Limited
– Locally produced and packaged quality instant ginger root drink
Accelerator participants will spend the next three months working on their business strategy and growth, while networking with investors and potential partners.
The entrepreneurs will have the opportunity to pitch their businesses at an investor Demo Day in November and compete for N2 million investment from She Leads Africa along with other business support services.